Vancouver, BC: Unkle Events is excited to announce the 2016 Whistler Longboard Festival, on Canada Day Holiday Weekend July 1-3. Just 2 hours north of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Whistler is a spectacular mountain resort town and downhill mecca. Now in it’s 6th year, the Festival’s main event is held at the Olympic Sliding Centre facility and attracts the top downhill skateboarders from around the globe.
This years Festival highlights include:
- 3 Day Mill Street Brewery Beer Garden provided by Gibbons.
- 3 Day IDF World Cup Race and Freeride. Friday includes a fun “No Hands” and Short Board Race care of Landyachtz.
- Saturday July 2 is Qualifications and Sunday July 3 is the Race!
- NEW SKATEPARK in town. (50,000 sq ft & 2nd largest in Canada)
- Hit the village to get loose during the Friday Longboard BARHOP or Garfinkel’s Friday Rager!
- There will be free outdoor shows by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra on Friday night and Saturday afternoon at the Whistler Olympic Plaza
- Racers from 20 countries will compete in Junior, Master (35+), Luge, Women and Open categories at Saturday’s timed qualifications and Sunday’s race day.
The Festival isn’t complete without a lot of celebration and a bumpin’ after-party held at the famous Longhorn Saloon on Sunday night!
Sign up to FREERIDE or VOLUNTEER at www.longboardfestival.com