Peyragudes, France: Skater, Dutchman, and all around good dude Deen Mondt has been on tour and skating in Europe this summer. He recently took first in the KNK No Paws Down race that went down during the KNK freeride event at the end of July, pretty gnarly considering you can hit speeds of 90 km/h (55 mph) on a course with 8 hairpins.
While bombing hills and sampling bubbly beverages across Europe, Deen found the time to film a killer run on the Peyragudes course with fellow Rayne rider Daniel Hawes on the chase cam. Luckily Deen is faster on the hill than he is on the shotguns, so kick back, check this edit, and get stoked for some weekend skate-ventures.
Deen is riding the Rayne Darkside.
Specs: Length – 36″ | Width – 9.75″ | Wheelbase – 23.5″ / 24″ or 24.5″
- Missionary Construction – The classic Rayne sandwich construction you know and love.
- Vert-Lam Bamboo Core – Stronger than steel, light like a feather
- Pre-tensioned fibreglass – Adds long life, durability, strength and energy return.
- Sublimated Artwork – Scratch-resistant ink is tattooed into the deck.
- Sharp Edges – Final touch for locked in feet.
- Speed-stiff – Don’t get bounced! Stiff boards will make you stable at high speeds.
- Directional Shape – Gives extra edge feel for carving, cruising and speed.
- 3D Wheelwells – Fight against nasty wheelbite and keep your feet in place.
- 3 Stage Rocker – Pre-loads your legs for easier tucking and turning.
- Radial Drop Platform – Cradles your feet to keep them where you want. Ideal for freeriding.
- Mean Cave – Concave designed to be steeper in the middle to give you both pockets and gas pedals.
- Universal Variable Top Mounting – Lets you pick the wheelbase that works best for you.
- Bee Orange Finish – Smells good, taste great, and seals and protects your board without harmful chemicals.