Rayne Team Rider Levi Green is well known for mad steez, redrilling everything and Purple. We figured we could combine these traits with Levi’s ability to skate everything to prototype a new board for the Summer 2013 line-up we thought he would like – the Rayne Darkside.
How much do you know about Rayne proto’s? Ha Ha. A little bit Cat Money, a little bit Moracle, partly Chillshakabrah, all Rayne and a lot of fun. The Darkside is a Directional, Top Mount Freeride board with Radial Drop, Rocker and a Kick-tail. The Darkside has a short wheelbase, narrower width and just enough flare to put on some 70mm Rayne Envy Wheels, but we think it’s most fun on the 62mm Envy.
This hybrid board crosses over a love of radial drops for DH leverage, control and lock-in with a urning for a kick tail to get up, over and around everything and anything. Like a fun button for around own, now you can ollie, manual, blunt and firecracker your way from place to place instead of just pushing. Come over to the Darkside!
RIDER: Levi Green
SETUP: Rayne Darkside prototype, Rayne Envy 62mm 80a wheels, Vicious Griptape, PNL Strummer trucks
EDIT: Brock Newman
SPECS: Length: 36″ | Width: 9.75″ | Wheelbase: 23.5″ / 24″ / 24.5″
- Missionary Construction – The classic Rayne sandwich construction you know and love.
- Vert-Lam Bamboo Core – Stronger than steel, light like a feather
- Pre-tensioned fibreglass – Adds long life, durability, strength and energy return.
- Sublimated Artwork – Scratch-resistant ink is tattooed into the deck.
- Sharp Edges – Final touch for locked in feet.
- Speed-stiff – Don’t get bounced! Stiff boards will make you stable at high speeds.
- Directional Shape – Gives extra edge feel for carving, cruising and speed.
- 3D Wheelwells – Fight against nasty wheelbite and keep your feet in place.
- 3 Stage Rocker – Pre-loads your legs for easier tucking and turning.
- Radial Drop Platform – Cradles your feet to keep them where you want. Ideal for freeriding.
- Mean Cave – Concave designed to be steeper in the middle to give you both pockets and gas pedals.
- Universal Variable Top Mounting – Lets you pick the wheelbase that works best for you.
- Bee Orange Finish – Smells good, taste great, and seals and protects your board without harmful chemicals.