Teutonia, Brazil: I think it’s fair to say that every individual gets something different out of skateboarding, but there are also factors that unite us as a group and as a community. Standing sideways and going fast is one thing we can all share.
The Teutonia race in Brazil has been called the fastest race in the world; with not much in the way of corners, it’s easy to see why this is such a fast track. Rayne team rider Kyle Wester really likes to go fast. In this raw run from last year’s Teutonia race, Kyle hits a top speed of 74mph (119 kmh) – my first car couldn’t go that fast. Most people can’t wrap their heads around what it means to hit these kinds of speeds on a skateboard, others like Kyle can’t imagine not.
Watch Kyle Wester go fast, and get inspired to get out and hit your favorite spots this weekend.
Rider: Kyle Wester | Setup: Rayne Kyle Wester Vandal | Film: Kyle Wester |
Kyle Wester Vandal Specs l
Length- 37″ | Width- 10″ | Wheel Base- 25.75″ / 26.5″ or 27.25″
- Sharp Edges – Final touch for locked in feet.
- Vert-Lam Bamboo Core – Stronger than steel, light like a feather.
- Pre-tensioned fibreglass – Adds long life, durability, strength and energy return.
- Sublimated Artwork – Scratch-resistant ink is tattooed into the deck.
- Speed-stiff – Don’t get bounced! Stiff boards will make you stable at high speeds.
- 3D Wheelwells – Fight against nasty wheelbite and keep your feet in place.
- 3D Gas Pedals – Find your feet and leverage without looking down. Ideal for freeriding.
- Deep Tub Concave – Designed to cup the toes and heels for quick, precise turns.
- Universal Variable Top Mounting – Lets you pick the wheelbase that works best for you.
- Bee Orange Finish – Smells good, taste great, and seals and protects your board without harmful chemicals.