Australia: Brakeboard has just released its new-look pedal-brake in gleaming combinations of black, red and silver.
The new color choices are not the only changes. After a successful campaign on the US fundraising site Kickstarter last year, Brakeboard has made numerous improvements to its braking system, trucks and wheels including a removable pedal.
In detail, the new model has:
- Fixed-in kingpins for better stability and strength.
- High grade bushes are supplied but users can now also choose a range of other commercially available bushings.
- Lower brake levers for better clearance on drop-through decks.
- Weight reduction in rear brake hanger.
- Easier assembly and tuning adjustments.
- New regular front truck with greater strength.
In addition, Brakeboard’s new wheels are 74mm white, high grade urethane. 83A with a stone ground contact surface.
Now with a custom nylon core for easy brake fitting and better bearing fit.
Most buyers choose the Brakeboard boxset, smartly presented in its own aluminium carry-case with tools, designed to install on any deck. While almost any wheels can be used when modified with notches, Brakeboard has its own pre-notched wheels available. Buyers also have the opportunity to purchase a complete set-up including a US-made Canadian maple deck which is expected to be particularly popular for the coming holiday season.
Ask about the November-December special: free freight.
Submitted by Ben and John Newman for Brakeboard Pty Ltd.