Loaded Boards Overland Now Available and so its release video: Rambles Through the Range of Light
The road through the Owens Valley is a long, familiar, well-traveled ribbon of asphalt creating a boundary between the Sierra Nevada Mountains on the West and the White Mountains to the East. We have been warping between Mammoth Lakes and Los Angeles along this path many weekends a year for many years. On a good day one can make this trek in five hours. We decided to take five days.
With a slew of new Overland boards in the back and a great group of riders jammed in the van we took the 14 to the 395 and all it’s paved tributaries into the Sierra. We stopped when we wanted, pulled over where most blast by in their SUV’s and skated Ghost Towns, rural parks, steep-steeps and boulder laden hills.
The Overland is a fun skateboard. This journey was a fun trip. All too often on these skate-shoots you get tunnel vision, focused only on the end result. We didn’t stress on the skating or nailing the shot. We took our time to enjoy the landscape and everything it had to offer. We stayed in the moment. That’s what it is all about. That’s why we all do this in the first place.
Film/Edit: Adam Stokowski | Film: SnowFront | Film: Ethan Cochard | Riders: Ethan Cochard, Daniel Fissmer, Nic Escamilla, Adam Stokowski |Driver: Dancing Cowboy
Music: Friends of Dean Martinez “All The Pretty Horses” | Greenleaf “Highway Officer” | The Osborne Brothers “Rocky Top” | Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, Yung Ro “Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangsta” | Shovels & Rope “Gasoline”
More on the Overland:
Specs: Length: 37″ (94cm) | Width: 9.5″ (24cm) | Wheelbase: 20.75″ and 22″ (52.71 and 56 cm) | 20.75″ / 52.71 cm and 22″ / 56 cm | Rocker: 0.125″ / 0.318 cm | Concave: 0.50″ / 1.3 cm | Nose angle: 18° | Tail Angle: 13° | Nose: 4.9″ / 12 cm from outermost bolt | Tail: 5.9″ / 15 cm from outermost bolt | Weight: 3.5 lb / 1.6 kg
Everything in moderation, including moderation. – Oscar Wilde
Spanning the size gap between the Kanthaka and Tesseract, the Overland is designed for the all-around rider seeking a happy medium between a shorter technical double kick and a thoroughbred downhill freeriding machine.
The Overland is NOW AVAILABLE in select shops worldwide! Click HERE to learn more about the board and find a dealer near you.
• Directional shape with tapered waist for quick rail-to-rail transitions
• Mild radial concave for comfortable edge control
• Subtle wheel well flares provide ergonomic reference points
• Beefy kicktail for crisp pop and ample leverage for ollies and slides
• Smaller, steeper nose for leveling out ollies, nose manuals, and nollie tricks
• Multi-grit griptape pattern provides both slide control and less abrasive ollies
• Moderately stiff flex for responsive turning and confidence in slides
• Textured TPU bottom for vibration damping, abrasion resistance, and ultra-smooth rail slides
• Two wheelbase options for reverse-kingpin and conventional trucks
More at loadedboards.com