The shape was developed in Siegrist’s industrial design thesis project back in 2009. The concept had a fixed double layer visor, much like a ski goggle. Updates were neede to switch that to a injection molded single flip visor. Fast forward to summer 2012 and with TSG, Siegrist started updating the design. As he point out to us it took a lot of time, but they wanted to have a perfect helmet.
Some more info:
- Dual certified EN 1078 / ASTM 1952
- Optically tested spherical visor
- Antifog blocker, a mustache like piece of foam to guide exhaled air down and out of the helmet
- Rear fairing for better aero and aggressive look
- Short and compact chin guard
- Removable magnetic cheek pads in the carbon version. Emergency system for severe accidents
- Liner clips into EPS with 4 press buttons
Check our initial post for more images of the helmet.
More of Siegrist work at www.mrtn.ch