A classic board now has a completely new construction and an updated graphic from the original artist Jee. The 2012 Avenger brings in Rayne’s pressed-in 3D wheel-wells to create added room for large wheels and ergonomic bends to help you find and hold your feet in place better than ever before. This new Avenger also launches our entirely new Fat Bottom construction. If you’ve ridden a Rayne Avenger before, you’re going to love what we’ve done to update it for 2012. If you’ve never taken an Avenger for a run, there’s never been a better time to grab this speedboard and go fast!
The ALL NEW Fat Bottom construction works like this:
- Fat Bottom Core: Thicker in the middle, the core now thins out to the edges creating an incredibly light, stiff, durable and responsive construction.
- Integrated Wheel-wells: Subtle, pressed in curves in the front and rear meld with the Fat Bottom Core to open up the concave beyond our ability to simply mill wheel-wells in the wood. This naturally allows for a more durable construction and more diverse wheel options, while providing an incredibly ergonomic foot platform.
Specs: Length- 37″ | Width- 10″ | Wheel Base- 28.25, 29, 29.25, 30″
- Sharp Edges – Final touch for locked in feet
- Fat Bottom Bamboo Core – Strong and light, thick and juicy, this baby’s got back.
- Pre-tensioned Triaxial Fibreglass – Adds long life, durability, strength and energy return.
- Directional Shape — Gives extra edge feel for carving, cruising and speed.
- Sublimated Artwork – Scratch-resistant ink is tattooed into the deck.
- Leverage Concave — Grips from the ball of the foot to the centre of your heel for outstanding turn control.
- Speed-stiff – Don’t get bounced! Stiff boards will make you stable at high speeds.
- Pleasure Dome Arch Support – Get connected! Arch support will dial in your steezy cornering by giving you full contact with the board.
- 3D Wheel Wells — Fight against nasty wheelbite and keep your feet in place.
- Universal Variable Top Mounting — Lets you pick the wheelbase that works best for you.