What do you do when your 60FPs GoPro camera doesn’t give you that extra slow-mo effect you’re looking for?
We just came across the Twixtor plugin for Adobe After Effects by RE:Vision Effects, Inc.
Twixtor enables you to speed up, slow down, or use frame-rate conversion on image sequences with visually stunning results. To achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original. Features include:
- Calculation of motion vectors at each pixel
- Warping and interpolation of frames to “time warp” input footage
- Smart processing of fields in the input and output as appropriate
- Stretching of a sequence using a single scaling parameter
- Keyframable retiming for complete control on a frame-by-frame basis
- Frame-rate conversions made easy (supported only in After Effects)